Monday, June 28, 2010

Mango Chicken/noChicken Lettuce Wraps



OK, here is one of the recipes that I make chicken for Jeff and I used Tempah for Cade and I. Cade LOVED the tempah!

Ingredients:
1.5 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 package Tempah (I used the spicy kind and it was SPICY!)
about 3/4 cups Spicy Mango Marinade from KC Masterpiece
2 mangoes, diced
1 celery stalk
8 oz. water chestnuts
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 Tbsp Spicy Mango Marinade
Lettuce leaves
Optional: Use tortillas instead of lettuce wraps

Directions:
Marinate the chicken in the Spicy Mango Marinade for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. ( I marinated for a whole day and this chicken was TASTY-according to Jeff of course, I would NEVER have tried it ;) -oh and I couldn't find Mango Marinade so I use Hawaiian and it was very good.) While the chicken is marinating, cut the mango and chop the celery and water chestnuts. Dice the garlic and ginger. Put oil in skillet and cook the ginger and garlic. Add the chopped tempah and water chestnuts. Season with some salt and pepper and other herbs and a bit of hawaiian or mango marinade for flavor. After the chicken thighs have marinated, grill them until they are cooked through. Then slice and dice them. Take lettuce and fill with chicken or noChicken mix, add celery and mangos and enjoy!


(this even looks like chicken!)

No comments:

Post a Comment