Sunday, August 8, 2010

Orange Chocolate Dream Cookies

One of my favorite combos is chocolate and orange. This recipe did NOT let me down!

Ingredients:

1c. butter
2/3 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 large egg
1 T. grated orange rind
juice from orange
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour (although I would recommend more if you get more than 1/8 c. juice from your orange)
3/4 t. salt
1 package chocolate chips (I combined milk and dark)

Directions:
beat butter and sugars until creamy. add egg, orange rind, juice and mix. add flour and salt gradually and mix well. stir in chocolate chips. Bake spoonfulls of dough at 350 for 12-15 minutes. The original recipe called for orange extract as well, however since I didn't have it I left it out. The orange flavor was just slight enough to be refreshing. I highly recommend these cookies!




No comments:

Post a Comment