Friday, July 30, 2010

Eggrolls


Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
1 package (16 oz) coleslaw mix
2 T soy sauce
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/4 t ground ginger
onion powder to taste
40 egg roll wrappers
1 T all-purpose flour
vegetable oil for frying

Directions:
combine first 6 ingredients. place heaping tablespoonful of mixture in center of one egg roll wrapper. Fold like an envelope, roll up. Use a bit of water to keep wrapper closed. Fry in oil at 375 for about 5 minutes. Enjoy with sauce of choice.

Yummm! I didn't used to like eggrolls because of the cabbage, but I think it was all in my head. Either that or my tastebuds have changed. These were delish. I put the meat in half the mixture and left it out of the other half. I would add more ginger next time. Other than that I was highly impressed! I think you can also bake the eggrolls rather than fry them. Maybe next time I'll try that. We'll see!





No comments:

Post a Comment