Monday, November 15, 2010

Fiesta Bean Soup

Formerly Known as Taco Soup

Another oldie but goody! This is one of those wonderful recipes where you can use many options in your pantry. I make it often, and last night when I made it it turned out the best yet!

Ingredients

.5 to 1 lb cooked ground beef, optional
1-2 cans Rotel (I used 1 last night and it was plenty spicy)
2 cans beans, your choice, drained and rinsed (I used kidney and white pinto. You might like black beans, red pinto, chili beans, etc)
2 cans hominy, drained and rinsed (I use one yellow one white)
¼ c. No Chicken broth
1 can tomato soup
1 packet dry ranch dressing seasoning
As much or as little taco seasoning as you like
Grated cheddar cheese to top
Crunched up tortilla chips to top
Sour cream to top

Directions
Add everything to a crock pot, stir together and let cook for 2-3 hours. Serve with toppings and enjoy!
Easy and delicious, especially for a chilly fall or winter day!

No comments:

Post a Comment